Thursday, July 14, 2011

Shutterfly and Less Meals To Make

Last night Chad and I went down to my parent’s house for dinner!  We really enjoyed that!  I’ve been missing my family, but it’s so hard for us to get there on the weekends because Chad and I keep going away, so we thought right in the middle of the week would be the perfect time!  My mom had a really yummy meal complete with lots of garden tea (she may just come home one day to find a large portion of her tea plants missing…) and homemade strawberry jam (fortunately, I already have a stash of this thanks to her help last month).  I think we will try to make this dinner thing a weekly tradition!  Plus, we almost always have dinner with Chad’s parents one night a week so they can talk about business stuff that they don’t have time to discuss during their busy days.  So that’s two nights a week that I don’t have to worry about dinner! YES!!!! :)  That makes me warm and fuzzy (and also lazy). It’s not that I don’t enjoy cooking because sometimes I do.  If it was baking I’d gladly do it every night.  I like baking a lot, but I tend to bake so much (sweets) that I have to throw the majority of what I make away.  And that is not a warm and fuzzy feeling…

But anyway, today I was briefly browsing Shutterfly (again), and thinking about how I really want to make another photo book.  I’ve been going crazy on Shutterfly since the wedding.  I could spend my life savings there.  If you’ve never heard of it you should check it out.  I like it cause they offer so many different photo objects and they are so easy to customize.  I first heard about it when Chad and I signed up for our wedding registries.  We used Target and Bed, Bath, & Beyond (which are great places to register, by the way – our only glitch was with target – when we scanned our bath towels, they showed up in the registry as diapers.  You can see how that could give the wrong impression…).  But both of these places have a cool little package that they give you with some coupons and stuff, and each of them included a different Shutterfly offer.  Maybe you should consider making a "wedding" registry just for the free gifts.  (I'm just kidding, of course, that would be wrong... probably.)  Bed, Bath, & Beyond gave me a card for a free 8x8 photo book, which I made before the wedding and gave to Chad as a wedding gift. 

Target’s offer was a free $20 to spend how you like.  At first I thought I’d get another photo book, but the offer was going to expire before I could get my book made, so I decided to go with a customized 252 piece puzzle.  We got it about 2 weeks ago and finished it last week.  Not the highest quality thing, but for the price it’s a fun option.



I also made an 18 month calendar.  (I choose 18 because if I started it at the beginning of this month, it would get the whole way around to December 2012 and I wanted to round it off at the end of a year). I’ve really wanted one for a while and around father’s day they had a great sale where everything was half off, so I went ahead and ordered it then for $11 + shipping.  Great deal!  It’s my favorite creation so far!

On top of those, I’ve gotten about 70 free prints from Shutterfly since the wedding, all from email offers.  Usually when there’s a holiday, they send out an email with something like 30 free prints (you just have to pay a few bucks for shipping).  So you can check it out if you want.  There’s a link on our “websites we love” list over to the right of the page!

I’m headed to work now.  Looks like it’s going to be a pretty busy day!  …but I don’t have to make dinner tonight! :D Hoorah!!


1 comment:

  1. Yay for Shutterfly and cool photo items! Love all that you've done. :) Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? :)