I had already taken the time to pull the labels off of these and use a goo-gone-like product to get rid of all the sticky residue, so all that I had to do was take them outside and spray paint them! This is the paint I used (I already had this at home too, from a trip earlier this year to Hobby Lobby):
So then I let them sit outside about an hour to dry as recommended (I don't think it was even quite that long because it started sprinkling... oops!). And then I just took some jute twine that I had laying around and started wrapping it around the bottles. This took a bit of finagling/playing-with to get it the way I wanted it. I also played with some pretty ribbon layered on top of the jute, but I ended up liking the simplicity of the twine by itself. I didn't hot glue the jute down because I didn't know for sure if that's how I wanted to keep it or not, so I just tucked the ends neatly under the wrapped twine and you can't even tell the difference... not sure this method would hold up to lots of handling, but just sitting on my counter, it's perfectly secure! I may hot glue them eventually if I don't decide to change up the twine a bit on a whim! :) I just filled them with some of the pretty dried roses that I've saved over the years from my amazing hubby, but they look super cute all on their own, too!
I'm not sure exactly where I want these to go. I really like the colors in my kitchen, and being repurposed wine & soda bottles, I thought that placement was appropriate... although I think it will also look really cute in my basement or bedroom! This tray is where they ended up for now, but they might find a new home eventually.
I'm also really excited to use these this fall and especially winter... I think the coloring is going to be really good for the holidays :) yay!!